Green Book Information   Requirements on Broads Boaters

All vessels kept or used within the Broads Authority’s navigation area, or adjacent waters, must have:

  • either an annual toll or a short-visit toll paid in respect of them; for exceptions, registration and payment, apply to Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1RY Tel: 01603 610734  Tolls and Registration – Broads Authority
  • a valid Boat Safety Scheme Certificate (except as specified see Broads Boat Safety Scheme)
  • the required third party insurance cover (except small unpowered vessels: see Insurance).

All helmspersons should follow the rules and advice concerning navigation.